Overview of US Curriculum
The US Curriculum is based on American Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts, Math, History/Geography, and Next Generation Science Standards for Science. This balanced curriculum gives more creative freedom to tailor the curriculum based on individual needs. Students are supported by a huge range of co-curricular activities that ensure they have the opportunity to develop fully as individuals. Personalized instructions are geared towards inquiry-based, hands-on teaching methods, and world-class learning strategies.
The American School of Creative Science offers an enriched, balanced, and broad American curriculum with an international perspective while fully aligned with US Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
Our Foundation teachers strive to deliver effective, differentiated instruction in the essential skills and concepts so that our students are well prepared to be lifelong learners.
Standards-based instruction is critical to the kindergarten curriculum. The standards describe what students are expected to know and are able to do by the end of the school year. At ASCS, we use California Common Core standards in addition to the MOE standards for Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Quran. Our holistic curriculum is designed to instill in students a love and pride for their religion and values.
Pre-KG to KG 2
Creative Science schools take a holistic approach to education to develop ambitious self-learners. Students learn to enhance their reading and writing skills and hone their mathematical, scientific, and analytical abilities. Cross-curricular activities are integral to our instructional plan.
Grades 1 to 5
Middle / High School
An engaging and rigorous academic program is the pillar of our Middle-High school. Students receive intensive but engaging instruction in all subjects.
Teachers are encouraged to emphasize experiential as well as traditional learning, incorporating contests, virtual field trips, experiments, and special events to bring lessons to life.
Grades 6 to 12
Learning Skills & Student Achievement
Raising a strong student character is our mission in ASCS. We teach our students to become effective learners, and develop their mindsets through our visible learning mind frames. We are consistent in our application of the school values such as integrity, compassion, collaboration, respect, and empathy. We want students to be proactive and contribute to a better world as they put their learning to improve their communities.
In ASCS, students’ achievement is measured through our internal assessments; in addition to external international standardized assessments specific to grade levels. Our students sit for MAP, CAT4, PIRLS, PISA, E-TIMSS, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT and EMSAT.
We set high expectations in all our students, and we support them with the learning and skills in order to meet these expectations. Our instruction includes opportunities for higher-order thinking skills where students could analyze complex work from different perspectives and make conclusions. We teach students how to be accurate, creative, innovative, and neat in their conception and execution of their tasks. Credibility and integrity are important pillars to ensure students have an authentic and unique learning experience in ASCS. This comes through the focus on our strong Islamic ethos, and values.
At The American School of Creative Science, course delivery methodology is based on world-class renowned teaching strategies and best practices, with the aim to:
- Motivate students for tapping into and realizing their full potential.
- Ensure the “holistic development” of the child.
- Build self-confidence, self-awareness, and enable independent learning.
- Establish a firm foundation of knowledge and skills in core subjects of English Language Arts, Mathematics, History/Geography, and Science.
- Benefit from an enriched curriculum through Art, PE, and Computer Science.
- Benefit from UAE National Curriculum in Arabic, Islamic and Social Studies.
A successful teacher at ASCS is able to
- Differentiate instructions to cater to individual needs of the students.
- Communicate regularly with parents so that they can actively contribute to their child’s learning.
- Provide a safe and secure environment that supports our school’s mission and core moral values.
- Use the latest technology to incorporate 21st century skills for our digital natives.
- Provide students with regular feedback to optimize the learning process.