Our Uniform and
At the American School of Creative Science - Al Layyah, we set high expectations on personal appearance onsite, while on a trip outside the school and outside in the local community. Our students are ambassadors of ASCS Al Layyah; they represent our school and represent their parents. Our aim is to achieve uniformity across all ages with our uniform and dress code, ensuring students’ attires are neat and presentable at all times as they take pride in being the students of ASCS Al Layyah.
The school uniform is mandatory for all students at ASCS Al Layyah. Parents’ cooperation is sought to ensure that their child/children represent themselves, their families, and ASCS Al Layyah by wearing the school uniform at all times.
Our school uniform policy is outlined below.
- Students must wear school-issued uniforms exclusively.
- P.E. uniform is to be worn on P.E. and swimming days only. Plain white sports shoes are appreciated. No sport shoes or trainers will be accepted except during P.E. even if the shoes are black.
- Plain white socks and plain black shoes must be worn on all school days (KG students should use shoes with Velcro fastening and not shoelaces).
- Students must only wear school-issued cardigans/blazers.
- The school bag is part of the uniform and is available for purchase at the school.
- Students must always be dressed neatly and wear clean uniforms.
- Boys must have their hair cut short. Hair gel is not allowed.
- Girls from KG1- G3 must have long hair tied.
- Student’s hair must be of natural color and be neat and of a modest style. Hairstyling products (colored or non-colored gel, wax, mousse, hairstyling oil/liquid, etc.) are not allowed as well as not to create hairstyles such as spikes or similar. If the student's hairstyle does not adhere to the above policy he/she will be requested to amend this with immediate effect and in cases where it is not possible, they will be required to remain at home until it is acceptable for them to join the school with the appropriate attire.
- Girls in G4 onwards should wear the school-provided Hijab.
- Both male and female students must have short clean nails.
- Girls may not wear henna, nail polish, kohl, or makeup.
- Students may not wear fragrances or jewelry, except for wristwatches.
The school holds no responsibility for any lost items.
If students do not adhere to the uniform policy outlined above, he/she will be reminded in the first instance to amend this with immediate effect. If this is not possible and if a student does not comply, parents will be contacted, and he/she will not be allowed to attend school until they adhere to the school uniform policy.